View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 10:17 PM
DisgruntledGoat*

vCash: 500
Whois Pat Boutette?

Stumbled across this guy while looking something else up, but his career stats struck me as kind of interesting:

* Breaks in with the Leafs as a 22 year-old in 1976.

* Has four remarkably consistently (statistically at least) seasons with the Leafs of 32, 36, 36, and 33 points. Puts up 140, 107, 120 and 136 PIMS to go along with those point totals.

* Had a brutal start to the '79 season with only 4 assists (and only 17 PIMs) in 32 games with the Leafs, then gets traded to the Whalers and goes close to a PPG while dramatically upping his penalties again.

* Following that, his stat lines the next two seasons (with Hartford) get really interesting:

80 games- 28 goals- 52 assists- 80 points- 160 penalty minutes- minus13
80 games- 23 goals- 51 assists- 74 points- 230 penalty minutes- minus23

* He then gets moved to Pittsburgh and puts up slightly worse numbers, with a 56 point and a 40 point season. But still puts up nutty PIMs with 152 and 142 respectively. Oh yeah. . .and he was also a combined -91 those two years! I know its the 80s Pens but still. . .

* By the following year, his numbers are in free fall and he splits the season between Pittsburgh, Hartford and the AHL. Then never plays again.

* And one last thing: He's listed at 5'8 and a 175 pounds.

I'm kind of amazed by the combination of brief offensive production, ridiculous penalty minutes, laughable +/-, complete lack of size, and weird career trajectory (five okay seasons, two great seasons, two okay seasons, then BAM! out of hockey. . . I'm assuming an injury was involved).

Does anyone remember this guy?

DisgruntledGoat* is offline   Reply With Quote