View Single Post
Old
05-04-2013, 02:21 AM
MarleauApologist
#FireDougWilson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
He is also a right handed D-man if I ain't mistaken.

Bieksa is the heart and soul of the team on t he back end, It's evident when he is our of the lineup. We lose games for w/e reason, he is also very physical, plays a Playoff style game, but is inconsistent.

He has actually gotten better over the years, topping during that cup run, but in no way has he been bad since then either.

IMO if you trade him this offseason, you are looking at a 1st + 70+ point forward as a package.

If the canucks go into a rebuild phase in the future, He will command at least a 1st + top prospect at the deadline.

Not everyday a 40 point physical right handed D-man becomes available.
Not every year Bieksa scores 40 points.

Look at what Brent Burns, a younger, superior player, coming off an all star season got. Devin Setoguchi (top 6 winger with attitude problems), Charlie Coyle (top prospect), late 1st (28th; Zack Philips), and a 2nd came back with Burns.

This has nothing to do with his bad play on the overtime goal, I understand that one mistake does not a player make, I wanted to post here earlier but never responded to it. However, Bieksa is not particularly good defensively. He's very physical, but he's below average in his own end for a top pairing defender.

I can't think of any real 70 point forwards that would be available for trade, and that Mike Gillis wouldn't trade Bieksa for. (unless they are old like MSL)

I get that he's good, and very likeable, and plays a playoff type game, but he won't get that kind of return. No GM in their right mind would trade Jonathan Huberdeau for Kevin Bieksa, sorry.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote