View Single Post
Old
05-04-2013, 08:49 AM
TennisMenace

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I think a big need for the team and a place where they can really improve is Ryder's spot in the top-6. Despite his size, he is one of the softest players on the team and seems to have negative defensive value. He's getting older and doesn't play with the speed or passion I'd like to see out of a top-6 player. Having a sniper on the top line can be a huge asset to the team. For example, I doubt Montreal's powerplay would be as successful as it is without Ryder, he also creates space for other players when he's in the offensive zone. I hope we look for someone who can replace his speed, shot and passing ability but also has basic defensive understanding and drive.

My key acquisition would be to re-acquire Cammalleri from Calgary. I know he's smaller than many people would like but he plays a tougher, more physical game than Ryder. I'd say it's a wash in the toughness-size department. He brings those first-shot scoring opportunities as well as another shot-option on the PP. He plays an okay defensive game and stays involved in the play. Despite his rough departure, I think with new management and a different coach, he could be very successful here.

Desharnais + Moen

Pacioretty-Eller-Gallagher
Bourque-Plekanec-Cammalleri
XXXX-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Prust-Dumont-White

Any other options out there? Not Clowe, Clarkson, Horton etc.
Oh please no more Cammy. Lets move forward and bigger.