View Single Post
Old
05-04-2013, 08:50 AM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Bourque has big time stepped up.

I don't think that in the past he's been unfairly maligned though.

Start of the year: Awesome, guess this year he has something to prove, feels at home with the Habs
Concussion...
Back from Concussion: Struggling to make passes and put the puck in but clearly skating his but off and putting pressure. Hands of stone.
Playoffs: So far, terrific

I still think he can take it up a notch. I remember the Heritage Classic when he scored two goals against us and also watching him in other Calgary games, the guy is also able to snipe and was actually known for his speed and wristshot. He's since kind of seen clumsy with the puck, not able to have great control over it with shots being just terribly off. Now that I'm seeing the rejuvenated Bourque, i really think (after that sick backhand) that he can be a legitimate force from outside the crease with his shot.

Patches was able to do that + rush to the net LAST YEAR (as was Cole, the latter part).
Bourque is capable of the same.

I think the biggest change I see is that he's happy in MTL. He even referred to the team as a family when speaking about the hit on Lars. I credit MT and MB with this.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote