View Single Post
Old
05-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Pominville got us into the playoffs where we're about to be swept. Without Pominville, we'd have Larsson + a goalie to trade + a mid-first pick. We'd be in a much better spot long-term.

Also, without Pominville, this team might have made the changes necessary to the coaching staff and potentially front office to build a more competitive team on the ice. If this is the front office that rolls into October, I can't see much that's different unless Granlund becomes the god he was supposed to be.
I don't quite go this doom and gloomy.

Getting swept, and plainly embarrassed like we are now, may still lead to a coaching change. If so, the new coach with have a top line winger to use that would've have been here without this trade.

I like our wingers a lot more with Pom than I liked our prospects with Larsson and Hackett -- the 1st rounder not withstanding.

Coyle, Parise, Pom, Seto, Zucker and whoever replaces Butch... That's a pretty damn solid group of top-9 wingers.

Larsson projected to be a Brodziak replacement more likely than not. Hackett became expendable in the short term with Kuemper and Gustafsson coming over next year and the first... It's a first...

I think this team needs a change in style and a real top-4 defensemen to take it to the next level. This year just wasn't right.

Vashanesh is offline   Reply With Quote