View Single Post
05-04-2013, 12:25 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Go check how Boston acquired Thornton Paille and Campbell. They didn't cost high draft picks. Trying to draft depth bangers/grinders early in the draft would be mornic for the Habs. You NEVER have too much skill, because if you have extra it's great trade bait to add missing pieces to a contender or to get more high draft picks.

If you draft depth players you take them with late pick or sign them as FA's.

PLUS I don't find the Habs are hurting for thise type of players, if you look at last night Halpern White Moen and Prust all had strong games. If you need to add go the FA route or make a minor trade, but NEVER use premium picks on 4th liners...NEVER!!!
bro I never said use premium picks on 4th liners

we need better bottom 6 and 2 legit bigger players on our top 6 , what is so hard to understand

if at pick 25 we have a choice between a 200 pound forward with talent or another Collberg with slighty more talent , but both are legit top 9 material
I am taking the 200 pounder

If a Ryan Oreily type is at 36 with Calgary`s pick take him absolutely or if a Lucic type take him , we can take a chance with multiple picks

thats all I am saying ,we have many quality talented skilled forwards with speed like Collberg, Kristo , Bozon , etc.... there is no way all our skilled guys make this team
bad mix when you have all skill and no size and secondary contributors like all stanley cup champs do

we can take a chance on bigger players with upside with 3 seconds and 2 thirds

the last thing we need is another 5`9 170 pounder with skill

The Caps last year took Wison , the Kings took Preston in the bottom of the first
round 2 hard nosed SOB`S who have the will to compete and win and can play

what is wrong if we nab two of those within our first 4 picks ?

Last edited by onemorecup*: 05-04-2013 at 12:43 PM.
onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote