View Single Post
Old
05-04-2013, 01:49 PM
nuck
Carnivore

vCash: 500
I would like for them to pay him a number (whatever that might be), that doesn't make him untradeable if they are able to develop or acquire a more dynamic offensive player for the top line. Its not coming out of my pocket so my only issue with big money and term is if they need it down the road (see Grabo) because they soon won't have a buyout option so are likely to be married to any fat contracts after next year.

Their best hope may be after he tests the market. They may have shopped both him and Mac a bit and know there is no club out there desperate for what he brings and if clubs are pitching TB $4 million or less he isn't likely to walk away from a similar offer from the Leafs. I got the impression they paid "full retail" on the Grabovski deal and that may have been a Nonis negotiation but not sure what that means for Boz. Lower cap, different CBA, and Kadri has proven in spite of being a horrible faceoff man, he is an NHL center, plus the millstone that is the Grabo deal all combine to make this an uphill battle for Bozak and his agent.

I believe they may have already tried to extend him and are going into the summer because they were too far apart. Interesting times coming soon.

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote