Old
05-04-2013, 04:31 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I personally don't see much value in Buchnevich - in a mock draft setting particularly. I could see him slipping below the real draft's 2nd round for sure. As good as he looked in the U18 environment, I bet NHL scouts have the same doubts as myself. Assuming he even eventually decided to come over to the NHL instead of likely being a star back home, is the forecast of his ability to translate to the NHL setting sure enough to pick him up in the 2nd round of THIS draft? Seems like one of those gambles that SOMEone might make, but even at #55 this year there seem to be plenty of players without such a boom/bust dichotomy.

On that note, I am super, super pissed that I don't have any picks these rounds, with the glut of guys (including at least one person that I'm going to go ahead and call as a 1st rounder, MAYBE early, early 2nd round) still on the board...
I agree that in a real setting PB could slip, but I did feel with the minds we have on this mock he might have gone. Lot of wise hockey people, and I felt for the pick he had one of the higher boom potentials.

I may also have a few friends in Europe who know a thing or two about PB ;-)