View Single Post
Old
05-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Kbs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
I would think Orr and McLaren are big parts of the Leafs' new image. One shift you have JVR, Kessel and Lupul, next shift Mclaren, MccClement and Orr. If you aren't going to sign them, I think we'd be interested in McLaren.

Can't just look at $19MM for next season with Dion, Kessel and others up that yer too. But whatever, can always have plan B and go after Zubrus for that slot.
I don't really see how Phaneuf and Kessel play a factor in us trading Kulemin. Kulemin is a UFA when their deals are up so we wouldn't be trading him to free up cap space, he would just walk. Unless of course, the Leafs **** the bed next year and Kulemin is traded at the deadline because we wouldn't need him down the stretch. Even then, I think he'd get more than a 2nd and cond. 3rd.

Edit: rereading your post, I think you mixed up this coming offseason and next offseason. We have 19 mill in capspace this coming offseason. Kessel and Phaneuf aren't UFAs until next offseason.

Let's say we sign some of our upcoming UFAs (Kadri, Bozak, Komarov, Gunnarsson, Franson, Fraser). Buyout Komisarek. We have about 1million in cap space for 2 roster spots, and who knows if Bozak will stay (which frees up cap space), and if Kadri gets as much as 4.5million for only half a season of good play. I (along with other Leafs fans) think the team would buyout Liles or Grabovski if they ran into cap problems.

And yeah, ideally I'd like to keep Orr and/or McLaren, but they don't really do anything too special IMO. They're obviously both very good fighters, but they don't kill penalties, they have little offensive ability, and I question whether they should even be in the lineup on a regular basis (especially in the playoffs). So, if they don't interfere with getting other, more important players signed, then I'd welcome them back with open arms.

FORWARDS
Joffrey Lupul ($5.250m) / Tyler Bozak ($4.500m) / Phil Kessel ($5.400m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Nazem Kadri ($4.500m) / Nikolai Kulemin ($2.800m)
Leo Komarov ($2.000m) / Mikhail Grabovski ($5.500m) / Matt Frattin ($0.925m)
Jay McClement ($1.500m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dion Phaneuf ($6.500m) / John-Michael Liles ($3.875m)
Jake Gardiner ($1.117m) / Carl Gunnarsson ($2.500m)
Mark Fraser ($2.000m) / Cody Franson ($3.000m)
GOALTENDERS
James Reimer ($1.800m)
Ben Scrivens ($0.613m)
OTHER
Buyout: Darcy Tucker ($1.000m)
Buyout: Colby Armstrong ($1.000m)
Buyout: Mike Komisarek ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,604,167; BONUSES: $300,000
CAP SPACE (18-man roster): $995,833

Last edited by Kbs: 05-04-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Kbs is offline   Reply With Quote