View Single Post
Old
05-04-2013, 05:44 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I don't think Larsson and Hackett comparables would be viewed the same way pre-miller trade.

I always find it interesting how mid range prospects are valued pre/post trade... pre trade, Sabres fans were requiring "good" prospects for Pommer, but at pre-trade that mean going for the top 1-2 guys in a team's pipeline... then they make a trade, they get a #5ish guy, and another top 10ish guy... and consider it "2 good prospects".

i loved the pommer trade... but it's interesting in hindsight, what constitutes great trade value
While I don't disagree with anything you said, it is a bit misleading when you say Larsson and Hackett are a #5ish guy and another top 10ish guy because Minnesota had arguably the best farm system in the league before the season. I know Hockey Prospectus had Larsson ~60 in their rankings putting him as a low end 2 to high end 3 in most system. Are they great prospects? No, but they're definitely good in my opinion.

Edit: Larsson was #52 overall http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1381

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote