View Single Post
Old
05-04-2013, 05:49 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pope View Post
Torts needs to go. Now it's on the coach and his staff for sure. No power play ...no offensive system ..with the amount of talent given him we should never cringe when WE have a powerplay not to mention when we have a 5 on three.. for the life of me I can't remember out last 5 on 3 goal..he is a talent destroyer. We have some promising young talent but the kids are afraid to play their game for fear of torts. We need to fire him before players like krieder lose all confidence in themselves....krieder is a perfect example. Krieder saved his ass last year playing his game before torts had a chance to ruin him this year making him into a player he's not. Torts turns race horses into plow horses. His ego will never let him change and because of that he will ruin a lot of young players. For the sake of the team he needs to be shown the door in favor of a coach that will play an attacking style that a young speedy team should play....... this team will never play for him or his coaches
I think the bolded is all complete nonsense. Plenty of young players have come up under him and been successful. Kreider is Kreider's problem. First he needed minutes, then he needed a playmaker, now he needs a new coach. The kid is a prospect - the entire franchise shouldn't bend to him. He needs to learn how to play under whatever kind of coach he's put with. That's what professionals do.

I will say this though, the main problem with this team IMO is that it seems like about 75% of the time the player with the puck has absolutely no idea where his teammates are. That is a huge problem and that's something a coach can/should be able to deal with.