View Single Post
Old
05-04-2013, 06:12 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
So are we thinking like Miller to NYI for whatever Miller's worth (ideally a couple firsts and a blue chip prospect)

PLUS DiPietro to Buffalo for whatever taking his contract off their hands is worth (probably a smattering of later round picks spread out over several seasons, like four 3rd rounders, say).

So in effect it looks ridiculously lopsided, like Miller to NYI for Dipietro, a couple firsts, a prospect, and four 3rd rounders.

That would be hilarious.
I'd have used the word fantasy in place of hilarious

1.Wang exploring selling the team. He bought out Yashin, Witt and Bates. DiPietro's $1.5m per buyout won't fall on Wang. The new owner will be on the hook.

2.Wang's turned the business side of running the team over to the Barclays group. Ratner's group is among 4 Coliseum development bidders. Part of his proposal, is having 1 Nets game and 4-6 NYI games played at NVMC. There is a lot of speculation that Ratner and the Russian billionaire who co-owns the Nets, will buy from Wang.

3.Isles rely on cheap ELCs and young player contracts to keep payroll low.
Wang's not weakening his team to save $1.5m per, the next owner will be on the hook for.

On Thursday, Staple had a Newsday fanchat and was asked about trading for Miller. Staple says he doesn't see Snow, giving up what the Sabres will demand. I'll try and find the link.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...7071?qr=1&qr=1
1:28
Comment From Brian
What FAs do you see coming to the Island this year or next? Will Snow/Wang ever make a move to bring in a good, contributing FA?

1:30
Staple:
Well, I think it's looking more and more like Mark Streit won't be back. Without knowing much about Snow's plans yet, since he's focused on the current squad, I'd think Marek Zidlicky could fit a short-term plan on D. Big shot, PP experience. He's not terrific in his own zone, but he wouldn't be playing big EV minutes. I don't think there'll be many forwards the Isles will overpay for, not with Strome/Nelson/Nino in the pipeline.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1:37
Comment From Guest
Do you ever think the Isles would make a move for Ryan Miller? Love Nabby but he isnt the long term answer. Miller can provide stabilization in net for years to come.

1:37
Staple:
No, I don't think they would make a play for Miller. Would cost too much in a trade and not much return for just one year and whatever he would cost beyond.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 05-04-2013 at 06:21 PM.
CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote