View Single Post
Old
05-04-2013, 06:26 PM
mattyd99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Watching other teams is like watching a completely different sport.
I can't remember if it was Ola or BBkers but they said how we play anti-hockey and it's the truth. This team's whole point is to stop the other team. We don't attack unless we've stopped the other team. Everything we do is based off the other team instead of attacking the other team and trying to set a tone.

To make it worse is even with different players we play the same way, expecting players who don't fit that style to play this way. Even worse teams have figured us out. When you're a top team the previous year, teams study you to figure out how to beat us. Well the league has done that and to no surprise Torts hasn't adjusted, which is going to be his undoing.

We have no cohesion, no set plays that work, no powerplay, the penalty kill isnt even all that great, we have nothing. We play slap hockey and change. The players and coaches are satisfied after tying the other team in a period. Every now and then that's okay but in my world the team that scores more goals wins. I'm satisfied when we win, not tie.