View Single Post
Old
05-04-2013, 11:51 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresch04 View Post
I think the defense-first, last, and only strategy has run well beyond it's course. Last year, losing to the Devils, was proof enough for me that it would never win us a cup. We built a team around a goalie who has yet to prove he is as good in the playoffs as in the regular season - except for last year.

Again, back to my original point: THIS TEAM CANNOT WIN A CUP EVEN IF HANK IS AT HIS BEST. So it's time for a new strategy. This team is not dangerous, clearly demonstrated by the success this year of teams scoring first and winning about 66% of the time. Look at Anaheim in that 3rd period comeback. DANGEROUS. They buzzed and buzzed and you just knew they would tie the game. This team can't come back 2-0 after the first period in a game.

Hell, the Isles will win a cup before we do. DANGEROUS. Down 3-1 to the BEST team they kept at it and scored 3 goals to win it. Because they have more than 2 players who can scare the opposition.

This team scares no one. They are dull, lack any real elite talent, and will win nothing for the foreseeable future.
Did you see him play today? He can't steal a game if his team scores ZERO goals.

Look at the Caps. They became a heavy defensive team but their main weapon is pinning you in your zone. Look what happens when they have the puck in our zone - it's scoring chance after scoring chance.

Now, look at the opposite. When we had it in their zone, it's just a mindless cycle behind the net until the puck is coughed up with 0 sog.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote