View Single Post
05-05-2013, 12:33 AM
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I hate it. I think it's gamemanship. I don't see the difference when Goalie's claim they have a skate problem after an icing, or a center says their stick is broken to buy their team more time after an icing, or when a winger steps in on a faceoff and purposely dives in, among other things. Obviously without the delay of game rule there would be less icings. HOWEVER, I think there should be a cap on it. Basically if you flip the puck into crowd in your own more than 2 times in game, then you start to get penalized.
You don't have as much ambiguity with throwing the puck out as you do when a goalie has supposed equipment problems, and even then, it's up to the ref to call it a penalty or not, just like it is with breaking a stick intentionally.

And honestly, this sounds like crying over spilled milk. When Washington does it..twice, it should be called a penalty, but when the Rangers do it, the rule is stupid.

I like it, keep it, and in McDonagh's case, he stood there a good 3-4 seconds surveying the ice when he did that brainfart.