View Single Post
Old
05-05-2013, 04:15 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
I don't care if either one is NHL ready, moving Daley to acquire one is a good move. We need that center way more than we need Daley. This team isn't competing for anything next year anyway.

Benn is adequate as a 7th d-man in the abstract, the problem is you have to play your 7th sometimes and with that caveat I don't want Benn as the 7th.

Assuming neither Connauton or Gaunce bomb at camp they have to be on the big roster. There's no way that's happening if you keep Robidas/Daley/Larsen, plus Benn.

Two guys need to go and quite frankly both Robidas and Daley have the most value and have been here since the defense became a problem. They need to go first and Larsen needs one last look to discover if he's a guy to keep going forward.

Dillon-Goligoski
Connauton-Gaunce
Rome-Larsen
whoever
I was responding to penciling them into the linup for next year. I agree they're worth trading up to get, depending what it takes. It's hard to say what will happen on draft day but if there's a semi-surprise like Shinkaruk going before our pick I will be happy with the options we have. At this point I'm inclined to stay pat if the cost of moving up three spots is Daley. It really depends on what they think the upside is of any of these young centers.

Also, your statement on Jordie Benn is pretty funny. He's adequate as a 7th "in the abstract" but not if he actually has to play games. That means he's not adequate as a 7th defenseman because 7th defensemen play sometimes on every team.