View Single Post
05-05-2013, 05:02 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
Why do you see Välimäki as the most promising D from 98's? Can't say that I know his game inside out, but I wasn't particularly impressed when I saw him. Välimäki was selected to Pohjola camp all-stars, but I'm not sure if that means much. Last year Atte Töyry received the same honour and he wasn't that special either, as shown by that fact that he wasn't even a regular with the U16 national team this season.
I thought that Välimäki was a reliable defenseman with fairly good awareness and mobility. When I compare him to Reunanen for example, I think Välimäki is better defensively, but not as flashy player as Reunanen is. Välimäki has also posted decent numbers, but I don't like to judge players by looking at their points. Välimäki also has some decent offensive potential.

Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
Janne Kuokkanen might turn out to be a fairly interesting prospect from this age group, not the most well rounded player but has pretty good puck skills.
Riku Törnqvist from Jää-Ahmat could be an interesting player as well. Played behind only an okay defense, but showed some really good ability and was able to make some big saves.

Last edited by Eyelanders: 05-05-2013 at 07:35 AM.