View Single Post
Old
05-05-2013, 06:48 AM
Digable5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
McCabe here, but Ruhwedel needs to be in this conversation. Ignoring the remarkable jump to the NHL from NCAA he made overnight, you needn't look further than his blatant comprehension of the position. He plays bigger than his size, plays the position with intelligence, supports his partner, and seems to get the puck to the net with a quickly released low, effective shot.

I'm high on ruhwedel for sure.
I agree about Ruhwedel. I was very impressed with his transition to the NHL. He didn't really look out of place. That being said, I think because he is new to the team, most of us don't know what to expect or what his ceiling is. I will admit that as much as I liked his solid play, I wasn't wow'd by the potential of a star in the making. Not that he can't be, but I saw a Lydman type and not a Lidstrom type.

Normally I would vote for McNabb over McCabe because I think McNabb has the higher ceiling and has proven more at higher levels, but there is just something special about McCabe. He's a leader that can excel at both ends of the ice and I think he's going to be a tremendous Sabre. For McNabb, I actually think he could still be the player we all hoped Myers would be. He's big, he's physical and he can provide offense. I love McNabb and I hope he reaches my expectations.

Digable5 is offline   Reply With Quote