View Single Post
Old
05-05-2013, 10:52 AM
ottsabrefan

vCash: 500
From everything I have read about Nichushkin it seems to indicate that he is on the same level as the top 4. The only time I have read otherwise is on this board. I have only seen him play at the WJC (he looked good to me), so I am only basing this on what I have read from all the draft experts.

But, if he is available (and the other top 7 are gone) then I think we should take him as otherwise you are getting a much lower quality (two tiers down), safer player, such as Shinkaruk. We have the extra picks for insurance and time on our side to wait the two years for his contract to expire. Assuming he is as good as all the draft experts say (and not as limited potentially as a few on this board say), the remaining risk is that he won't come over in two years, although he has indicated he wants to play in the NHL.

If the top 7 leaves us Nichushkin and we pass, I prefer we take Shinkaruk, although I won't be super stoked.

For our second pick, assuming the top 10 play out as expected, I'd be happy with any of Horvat, Domi, Zadorov, Mantha or Hagg. Even Erne, Wennberg or Rychel wouldn't upset me too much.

I also like Duclair with one of seconds. Obviously, I prefer the St. Louis pick.