View Single Post
Old
05-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maaxse View Post
Do you know of any coaches that are super versatile? If I take coaches that I believe are better than Torts: Trotz, Babcock, Tippett, Quenneville and Julien, all of them have proven to be either unwilling to change their systems or perhaps even worse, unable to.

I mean, it is their whole vision of hockey that is at stake and they've fairly sucessfull with it, and last's years has proven to be quite effective and I didn't hate what I saw. I'm sure Torts didn't either, asking him to change his whole vision after a strange half season is kinda ridiculous. It is akin to asking a film director to change his whole style, influences and sensibility in the midst of a shooting, it just won't happen.

Not saying Torts is without faults, he blew the game yesterday by mismanadging one of his best asset (McDonagh) and he knows it.
It's not so much a complete upheaval of his system as it is not implementing the same, inane tactics that continuously fail again and again. Start small. Stop changing the lines every two shifts, take Girardi off the PP etc.