View Single Post
Old
05-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
When I come to this thread it's always places with good food either in the North end or central. What about the south?
As mentioned, Sicilian pasta kitchen, Vons, Bistecca, Chop are decent places to check out.

I'm partial to Continental Treat as well on Whyte but not everybodies taste. Its old school. I still like the Sawmill as well. Definite old school feel to it but I like that kind of comfort. Not todays polished places and stark lighting and design.

Upper Crust is good. Nobody ever mentions High level diner. Good menu, great location, nice atmosphere. Chiantis, once crowded, is still on Whyte, still waiting. Not what it was, but still an OK choice.
I will say this too. Restaurants go in waves. Get good, get bad, depending on who's working. People have talked about bad plate prep and horribly served vegetables. Try Sorrentinos on Gateway right about now. Best vegetable presentation and servings I've seen in years. When you get a prime seafood cut and the vegetables rule the plate its amazing. I thanked the chef 3 times for preparing the sides as they should be. Rare in Edmonton. Place was empty, go figure..

For less refined dining and good value I'll always recommend Bulgogi house. Definite hole in the wall but good food, great value.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote