Old
09-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
You see....for the past year I've been disapointed witht he over reaction by the media with Lats. I'm not on his bandwagon what so ever. I was glad he was cut last year.

All that being said I think it's wrong to rashly discard the potential "fight" between Perez and other prospects inlcuding Lats. It's not a case of overrating Lats as much as a case of not overrating Perez. I'm a patient guy when it comes to player development. But there comes one point where you have to take a decision. There comes a point where giving extra chances to a prospect means you are is holding back other prospects. Right now perez is letting a chance slip though his hands.

Some questions we have to ask our selfs.....
Does the presence or absence of prospect A on this team make any significant difference in the team's performance?
Is prospect A better then prospect B?
Who out of prospect A or B has better upside?
Who out of prospect A or B brings what the team is lacking?
What can you get for prospect A or B?
Would prospect B develop faster in the NHL or in the AHL or Juniors.
There are tons of more questions to ask....It's a complicated matter and the answers will varry from person to person.
Very true. (And essentially captures my feelings on the subject too). But the more urgent question I have is:
What is the spherical-looking object on the island (above the beer)? Koivu's eyeball?????