View Single Post
Old
09-20-2006, 12:55 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theran189 View Post
Having read Jan Wong's article about Dawnson's shooting yesterday, it is not that kind of song that could offend me more... In fact nothing could as Wong's article was the stupidest thing I've read in years... But I'll still add that these kind of things won't help the problem you see in french canadians wanting more french habs on the team... By always coming up front with it, I think you are just illustrating the misunderstanding between english and french speakers in Canada... I think that comments in the «if they are unhappy screw them» category should not be allowed as it would be their rights not to find it funny... There are more french speaking people on this board than the no french allowed rule would make you think... As we are all habs fans, I think we should concentrate on that appreciation for the greatest hockey team in history as a way for getting back along instead of trying some socio-politico-low-class comments... I'm not referring at the parody which is pretty funny in fact when I'm talking about low class but to some other comments often read here...
I think BG's song parody was kind of self directed at all of us, Hab fans in general. You have to be able to laugh at yourself and the things around you. I've always maintained that I'd rather a stronger local presence on the team, if it could be done with some intelligence.

I think I'm aware of the linguistic makeup of this board, well aware. People have the right to be offended at anything they want, or feel however they want. I thought the song parody was great, as you do, I was thinking that if anyone 'got their back up' over this, maybe they take these things too seriously. Maybe it was unnecessary, but geez, if I only post well thought out rational thoughts, my post count would dwindle.

Theran, I read a lot of stuff here that I consider low class, and every now and then I use the 'report bad post' option, because I like to avoid letting my temper get the better of me. I think the mods do as well as they can policing this stuff, they can't be everywhere, some of them are quite aged as well. I know, I shouldn't use expressios like 'screw 'em ', but I did. it was aimed at anyone who can't take a well meaning joke.

Anyways, you have the right to your opinion. I just wanted you to realize that I'm not ignorant to the feelings of fans of the CH and I share most of them.