View Single Post
Old
05-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

vCash: 500
I have a hard time understanding this team sometimes. I don't put those last two goals on Fleury both were very good shots / good looks, one a breakaway one a screen and you're not going to save a high percentage of those all the time... but the lack of... intensity on this team at times is hard to understand.

It goes back to what I said yesterday. From Bylsma and Crosby this sort of "we never get emotional or intense" zen-thing seems to flow to the rest of the team. Always calm, never up, never down... I don't like it. Sometimes showing some emotion / urgency in a game or after a game is a good thing. It's fine to keep an even keel and not get too high after a win or too low after a loss or bad goal but there's just no fire in this team.

I don't get it but it's about all I can come up with. I do understand playoff teams are good teams by definition and we're not going to win every game or play mistake-free hockey but the patterns that have shown up year after year, roster after roster... suggest this has nothing to do with a specific opponent. You're supposed to get fired up for the playoffs and it's like we get fired up, have a game where we rack up a bunch of goals, then we calm down. I don't think it's entirely helpful.