View Single Post
Old
01-02-2004, 03:41 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
He was set on getting Horton because he is a big, powerful center with great upside. The Habs have nothing like Horton in their system and could not meet Florida's needs. In Savard's position I would have given up a lot for him at the time of the 2003, including Ribeiro, the Habs' 2003 first round choice (#10), Hossa (before he conked out and lost his trade value), and Hainsey.
Ward = AHL MVP , guy with size and play with heart
Hossa = A young guy who play very well along the boards with a nice upside , former top 15th pick
Hainsey = A puck moving defensement with a good size , former top 15 pick improving nicely
10th overall pick = ( Jeff Carter , Brent Seabrook , Dion Phaneuf or Andrei Kastitsyn ) Carter could be as good as Horton , Seabrook and Phaneuf could turn into solid d-men and Kastisyn is a diamond in the rough that AS didn't expected to go so low .... ( heck maybe he would had drafted him with FLA pick )
Ribeiro = At the time i doubt Florida wanted him .

All this for Horton ?! We have Plekanec and Higgins coming up as solid future 2 ways centers . They are not PF like Horton but they are strong on their feet .

I rather keep a potential superstar , a future top 4 defensemen , a second line playmaking center and 2 guys who could play on the 2/3rd line .