View Single Post
Old
05-05-2013, 04:15 PM
That

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytennis View Post
When I watched the Under 18 final, the guys that caught my eye were Dauphin and Gauthier and for the American side, it was the defenceman...Santini. For me McCarron is a big, slow moving player with very average offensive side, while Gauthier has offensive potential and good skating ability. Dauphin has a feel for the game that you can't teach...a nose for the net and alot of grit. He can easily be a second line player in the NHL. As well, we mustn't forget Dauphin was also the 1st star in the Orr-Cherry match-up in January. Regarding Poirier...what little I seen of him...I liked his speed and determination.
I'm going to disagree with you on McCarron. I was very impressed with his agility. I will agree that he's a little sluggish, but I think that it can be improved fairly easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Gauthier if he is still on board would be the perfect pick for Montreal. In 2nd round would like some of these guys Hartman, Bailey, Santini, Morin, Mueller. Hartman especially.

If Tolchinsky drops into 3rd round grab him with one of Habs picks. He is small but fast and skilled.
If the Habs, or anyone for that matter, took Tolchinsky in the third round, I'd be shocked. Around the OHL, there's been talk questioning his overall effectiveness. At one point in the season, I heard talk about him not even getting drafted. Now I doubt that will happen, but he's more of fifth rounder or later at this point. However, he is one of the most fun players to watch in the draft and I can see a team falling in love with his blazing fast speed and hands that match.