Old
05-05-2013, 04:16 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
crapitals are not really good enough to sweep us with Hank in the net
Unlikely for Henrik to score a goal though...

Yesterdays loss was tough. McD is a young Star player. He has earned every red cent of his contract. He is a GOOD KID WHO SHOWS UP EVERY NIGHT FOR HIS TEAM.

But the Hockey Gods are humbling, and yesterday the Caps exploited a costly MISTAKE. They deserved the W.

I'm sure McD will benefit from the experience, and those benefits will in turn help the Rangers down the road....

Not sure just why this team struggles to score year in and year out. Not the coaches fault, not really the players fault yesterday. I saw a lot of excellent effort, a lot that will to win. Again, sometimes the hockey Gods are humbling. A post here, a blind save there...

Recipe for success in game 3:

A. More Pucks to the Net.

4 shots for Richards

3 shots for Nash

1 for Hags

1 Steps

0 Brassard

0 McD

It's one of the simple mantras of goal scorers.
5+ shots and you are likely to pot one. Ask Mike Gardner, Mike Bossy, #99, #68... Guys with a focused mindset on scoring goals every game KNOW FOR A FACT. YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE SHOT.

Easier said then done? Sure but so is winning the cup.

B. Are they getting pushed around

The Rangers were a BETTER team when they were a more intimidating opponent physically. I know you don't want to play down a man vs the AO/Green show but if we're going to beat this team the Rangers are going to have drop the gloves and get into some real blue collar hockey.

Teams need to know they will pay for every shift. It creates doubt, space and eventually mental fatigue that pays off in long OT games...

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote