View Single Post
Old
05-05-2013, 04:37 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Even though Gagner is listed at 5"10" 199lbs he is not. My friend stood next to him and he was shorter than my friend and he is just under 5"11".

The reason why we want to draft a centreman with size is because we are lacking size in the top 6. RNH is still only 19 and he was really good this year playing both sides of the ice. He drastically improved defensively this year.

Oilers management see really high on Lindholm or Monahan, if one of them are available EDM will pick them.
I think more like 5'9" and 185 but he is not really soft. The Oil have way too much dangle in the top 6 and you have to have some grit on a line, not to mention they are starting to stack too much salary. Hall at center with Yak and David Clarkson. Eberle and RNH with Clowe. Draft Zadorov or Nurse with their first pick, and trade MPS and Gagner for another D and a physical younger winger.

Looking at Monahan from last season to this there doesn't seem to be a lot of improvement for a 94. If they want a forward I think Lindholm might be the safer choice. I don't know that they can solve their need for size at center in this particular draft. Maybe take Tony Mantha, and still move Hall to center. Or trade down their pick for two from Columbus and take Rychel and Hartman. Interesting times ahead in Edmonton. From a Flames perspective there are a lot worse possible outcomes than the Oilers taking Monahan.