View Single Post
Old
05-05-2013, 05:34 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
I've been pretty firmly against the blame everything on Torts idea throughout the season, but I must say, I'm getting real tired of watching guys look like they've never played with their teammates before. I'll gladly admit that I don't know the nuances of strategy enough to say why this happens so often, but it's absolutely terrible and it's killing this team. People wind around the boards to spots where nobody is. People make drop passes to space that the other team beats their linemates to. People pass TO the other team more often than should ever be considered okay. It's like 5 guys got picked up off the street and put on the ice together.

Last year's team, as much as they had trouble on offense, they never looked this clueless in all three zones. They were at least on top of everything in their own area. Over the past two games (granted its not a huge sample size) the team has looked like they have no strength, not physical strength, but no part of their game that they are clearly comfortable with and good at executing with consistency.

EDIT: spelling