Thread: Roster Cuts
View Single Post
Old
09-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Johnny Utah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
One of those "things" that he's been saying is that "you have to have an open mind." It'll be awfully hard for anyone to close it if Kopitar impresses any more like he has.
I really don't see a Dean Lombardi run team going with BOTH a 19 yr old who has never played in North America and a 20 year old who spent the last year in the AHL, plus guys as young as Cammy, D. Brown, and Frolov up front in the top 6. That won't happen. O'Sully makes the Kings and Kopitar is headed for Manchester. If not, Kings better rid themselves of either TK, Cowan, or Parros right quick and hope that the remaining two don't mind sitting in the box all year, b/c Kopitar needs big minutes to play in LA. That's why I think they keep him down, they won't relegate him to 3rd or 4th line status at 19.

As much as I love Kopitar, he needs to dominate the AHL and get used that type of play. O'Sullivan has nothing to prove in the minors and he can play the LW. Kings already have Conroy, Army, Ebel, and McCauley at center. Where does Kopitar fit in?

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote