Thread: Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Entry Draft
View Single Post
Old
05-05-2013, 10:50 PM
tjcurrie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
Yeah and I only think he'd be a reach because this draft is so quality. My gut actually tells me that Gauthier will be a slightly better NHL player than Faksa but I really want the homerun this year.
I really like Gauthier and because of the depth this year, I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to give just to move up 3 spots. I'm not sure I would consider that a homerun myself. If we could move in to the top 4 then we're talking. Getting one of Mackinnon, Drouin (yes please) or Barkov would be the hockey equivalent to intercourse with Jennifer Aniston. Hopefully their career would last longer than 20 seconds though.

If I'm management and I can't move in to the top 4 and even moving up just 3 spots will cost an arm and/or a leg, I think I sit back comfortably with #10. I really would like Boston to make the East and then use that pick to trade up and obtain a pick in the early teens. No guarantee Gauthier is till there but grabbing say Shinkaruk or Nurse at #10 and then Gauthier mid round-ish is a dream scenario for me.

At the very worst, use #10 to take Gauthier and I think we're doing well.