View Single Post
Old
01-02-2004, 07:29 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Scatchard gets my vote for the best one (well my favorite anyway).

I also like Mike Grier, but I'm not sure he can be considered one of the best, and he's having a horrid year on top of that.

I like Draper, Moreau, Cooke, Brown, Rolston and Thornton as well, and Stoll is going to become an elite one too IMO.

And one of the best if not the best in the game two years ago IMO (before getting his ridiculous UFA contract and being misused ever since) is Bobby Holik.

Peca does no longer look like the amazing checking center he was in Buffalo but he's still a pretty good choice.

And that Madden - Pandolfo - Langenbrunner line is altogether probably the best checking line in the NHL so they're all good choices too.

And finally Bulis is IMO also a very good speedy/high energy checking line winger but he's being used in an offensive role in Montreal for now as there's not a whole lot of talent up front after Koivu and Zednik. Still, I think he fits the checking liner description perfectly and will likely go back to that role once some more offensive touch is brought up (either from a trade or within the system).