View Single Post
Old
05-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I think they are as good as a number of other teams in the league. I don't think they are in the same category as teams like Pittsburgh, Chicago, etc. But they are certainly better than some of the teams who had similar offensive numbers this year. Are they worse than the Islanders, Philly, or Tampa? (Stamkos obviously skews TB's stats) What about Dallas? The Rangers scored the same amount of goals as them this year? how about calgary who only scored 2 less goals? The Rangers scored more goals than SJ and only one less than Boston.

While I agree some people overate the squad I don't think they are that bad either. I think they were better before Gaborik was traded but that isn't worth getting into here. The point is that it is a decent team that should be scoring more goals than they did. You could even replace Dorsett with Kreider, wouldn't mind seeing Clowe-Brassard-Kreider. Although I think that would put one of them on their off wing.
I think they are middle of the road.

And I think the other teams you listed (Islanders, Tampa, Philly, etc) have better and deeper top tier offensive talent than this team.