Old
05-06-2013, 09:28 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I'll get more specific, if you wish. The biggest reason Renney was axed was because him(and Perry Pearn) wanted to create the New Jersey Rangers.
Sounds like the right idea with the personell they had with the likes of an ancient Naslund, a heartless Zherdev, an indifferent Gomez and young Callahan and Dubinsky.

Quote:
IRenney(and Pearn) were both guys that desperately wanted Gomez, Drury, Redden. Sather backed them and then all the veterans turned on Renney.
I don't recall them being "desperate" for all three. I also don't recall the veterans turned on Renney. At least their play under Torts didn't show any real difference

Quote:
Renney was a smart guy(although too conservative in the modern game imo). But that misplay cost his job.
He was a classy guy who played a large part of bring respectability to this team. And was an eloquent voice of reason with a GM who is above the world. He was the first Ranger coach is years who injected the lineup with youth. You can say he was too conservative. I saw him doing all he can to put his best player in position to win.