View Single Post
Old
05-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Sounds like the right idea with the personell they had with the likes of an ancient Naslund, a heartless Zherdev, an indifferent Gomez and young Callahan and Dubinsky.

I don't recall them being "desperate" for all three. I also don't recall the veterans turned on Renney. At least their play under Torts didn't show any real difference

He was a classy guy who played a large part of bring respectability to this team. And was an eloquent voice of reason with a GM who is above the world. He was the first Ranger coach is years who injected the lineup with youth. You can say he was too conservative. I saw him doing all he can to put his best player in position to win.
You don't remember the bag skate incident? You don't remember BOTH Drury and Gomez going to Sather and wanting Renney removed?

Drury/Gomez were both guys that Renney/Pearn lobbied for heavily. Renney was done with Jagr because he couldn't play a two way game. Renney wanted two way players. Sather went and got him two way players and they turned on him.