Thread: Salary Cap: Stalberg vs Bickell
View Single Post
05-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Let's Go Hawks!
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
While I highly doubt Seabrook is made available, would Petry + 7th overall be fair value? Petry is very Jekyll and Hyde, great one game, clueless the next, but it could partially be due to being miscast (and thus overused) as a top pairing guy on our team. All-star calibre skillset, ECHL brain for the game, but he is appealing cap wise next year (1.5). At 7th overall there is a very good chance one of Monohan or Lindholm is available, and I know 2nd line C has been a need for you guys since the cup win. Again, won't hold my breath for Seabrook actually being made available.

As for the two possible UFA's, sounds like the majority are leaning towards Stalberg which is who I like better as well. That said, Bickell is bigger and grittier which fills more of a need for the Oil. 3 mil per sound about right for him?

Thanks for all the input as well. Some fans get a little defensive about other teams trying to pry their players away in UFA, but with the way you guys develop players and the fact you have such a strong core locked up, I suppose you're used to it. would take closer to RNH + your 7th overall + 2nd rounder

I think I'd want the same haul for Seabrook that Boston has ended up with for Kessel (and by "ended up with" I mean we know what the 2 firsts that Toronto traded ended up as ...i.e a 2nd and 9th overall).

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote