View Single Post
Old
05-06-2013, 10:20 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
People will never get this. The problem is not about adding a goon...it's about changing the philosophy of the team and have MOST of the team play like that. You THEN can add a goon if you want....But they ALL still have to play hockey.
not sure if you were agreeing or disagreeing with me but here goes anyways:

yeah i agree and the vast majority of people here want that. doesn't happen overnight or even within a season and most of these guys need to be drafted since the cost of trading for them is usually prohibitive. it takes time to completely overhaul a team's makeup and bergevin said that it is what he wants to build, so im patient

op's question is: "would the habs benefit from having a heavyweight enforcer?" which is what i was replying to. my opinion on this matter has always been and unless the instigator somehow magically disappears, will always be a resounding no. a heavyweight enforcer is a goon and we don't need those.

get a tougher roster sure, but not at expense of talent (not as an absolute though).

obviously not aimed at you but this debate has a tendency to bring out the stupid in some people. like shooting red herrings in a barrel that's being propped up by a strawman.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote