View Single Post
Old
05-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Richter Scale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch2McDonagh27 View Post
so......what you are saying is Torts should be here for a lifelong tenure (just like Sather), and he should not be blamed or have any responsibility for how this team has performed?

Yay........here's to 5 or more plus years of this sh*tshow of John Tortorella Hockey. I am so ecstatic
No, in fact I have been quite clear before that there are some things I like about Torts and some things I don't. Overall, I think he is a net good for the team.

I have also been quite clear in previous versions of this thread that I don't think he should be fired in this season. But if after half a season next year the team is struggling and hovering in the 7-10 seeds (assuming Sather doesn't completely **** up the roster in the offseason), then I would be open to exploring other options. That said, I don't see many realistic options out there that I would want over Torts.

Also, the love for Laviolette in this thread needs to die. What are the Flyers doing right now? How'd they do in last year's playoffs? You may not like watching defensive battles, but those are what win in the playoffs and what win championships. The team that has won every single playoff game outside of the Pitt/NYI series and one game in the Det/Ana series has kept their opponent to 2 goals or less. And if Pitt continues to try to play playoff games like they have been against NYI, they won't be going terribly far. Not saying the Rangers' scoring problems aren't concerning -- but track meets do not win championships.