Old
05-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Finlandia WOAT
Nihil Novi Sub Soli

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Hey everyone,

Sorry to interrupt the Marc Staal talk. I'm sure he'll be a Cane very soon (that'll be a wonderful story when it happens too).

Some of us on the Canuck board were discussing a rebuild/retool, and figured that Carolina might be a good trading partner. You need defensemen, we need young forward talent. What say you to an Edler + our 1st round pick (20 something) for your 5th overall pick? Is this something you could see the Canes being interested in?
That would make JR think long and hard.

For me, our biggest need after defense is production from cheap contracts and ELC's. Outside of Tlusty and Faulk for 1 more year, we have no one. Outside (IMO, and this is sickeningly optimistic), only Bellemore, Murphy, Levi, Biega, Dalpe, Boychuk and Rask have that potential currently in the minors, with everyone but Bellemore a few years away, and with Dalpe and Boychuk working their hardest to prove me wrong.

So trading the guaranteed* production for 3 cheap years for however many years of Edler (who has no hope of outperforming his contract) fixes our d, but hampers our already ridiculously thin depth.

But I (and probably JR) would think long and hard over it.

Finlandia WOAT is online now   Reply With Quote