View Single Post
Old
05-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I refuse to believe this roster is a Top 5 roster in the NHL. On paper we should be decent but that doesn't appear to be the case. Richards is terrible which nukes the center depth and our bottom 6 has to be one of the worst league wide.

I crunched the numbers and totaled the stats of everyone who played a bottom 6 role this year including guys like Kreider and Miller.

259 combined games.
28 goals.
28 assists.
56 points.

That is absolutely dreadful. Defensively and Goal-tending wise we should probably be Top 3 in the league but McDonagh has been up and down all year, Del Zotto has had his brains in his ass for the past month, Girardi by all accounts had a pretty terrible season, Stralman is consistent but a 5th D-man, Staal is injured, the jury is out on Moore and Emmy/Gilroy/Bickel were Emmy/Gilroy/Bickel.
Agreed. Top 5 roster? Huh? Some folks need to pay a little more attention around the NHL, I think.

Washington is a good example. They have been one of the best teams in the NHL for about 6 weeks now. Their top offensive catalysts in Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Green blow away what the Rangers have to offer.

Yet, the mighty Rangers, held back by their evil coach, should blow away these guys in 5 or 6? Get your heads out of the sand.