View Single Post
Old
05-06-2013, 12:00 PM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
In all fairness, Bourque was given a whole 2 minutes for elbowing. This also allowed him to stay in the game and collect a double minor (cross-checking and slashing) with 18 seconds left in the game.

Seriously, though, what a complete farce to not administer any necessary justice. It's embarrassing to the league. At bare minimum, fine the Habs organization for that crap. To turn a blind eye only encourages more of the same.

Who remembers last year, when many of the Penguins fans had a revelatory moment after their team became everything they claimed to despise in other clubs? There are a good number on the Canadiens sites going through the same soul searching, but those who actively applaud this are just . For full disclosure, I was (past tense) cheering for the Canadiens. I have a soft spot for my home-town club, except when they play the Flyers. Now, I'm hoping for a loss. I don't at all want to be a hypocrite, being a looooong-time supporter of a club that basically elevated hockey violence to a new level, but it's the fans of teams who claim to be such upstanding citizens who fall into the moral quandary when their beloved show they can goon it up as much as any other squad.

The difference is the Flyers win their instigated line brawls.