Thread: Post-Game Talk: We lost, let's talk about it
View Single Post
05-06-2013, 12:43 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Refs can be blamed entirely for what happened between whistles. They let Ottawa get away with everything in the first two periods(starting with the crosscheck from Condra to Subbans face to start the game) and the Habs snapped. Gave Subban a penalty for being punched in the face. You'll have a very hard time convincing me refs are not racist in the NHL. Subban was targeted in the first with terrible calls(and has been targeted nearly every game since he came in the league). They cancelled all of our PPs in the first two periods with awful calls except for the one where we scored within 5 seconds.

We have four times as many minor penalties as the team with the least in the playoffs. Ottawa are third most. Refs need to swallow the whistles, they've absolutely ruined this series. Despite our series having the most calls(by a longshot) we aren't even top 5 in PP opportunities. They only seem to "take one" out of scrums when it's a Hab, always two if a Sen is going off. We don't have the team to get into these fights when the refs aren't going to call anything against the opposition. The worst part is when we tried to push back in the first few periods they called absolutely everything we did even when we were by far the more disciplined team. We would have won this game if the entire game was played at ES.
I don't like complaining about Reffing, but I have to agree with everything (minus the racism bit) in your post. It seems like they were letting all of the Sen's physical play go, but as soon as the Habs tried to get things going they were whistled for it.

What the hell was with that tripping call on bourque anyway?!

TUCKER 06 is offline   Reply With Quote