View Single Post
Old
05-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
They definitely did I agree. They always come out guns blazing and we really can't expect to weather the storm in OT. It's not the time to play that way.

While I agree offensively because not even the largest homer would try argue that, I think we have played better defensively and have done a good job of keeping their big guns in check. OV and Green have one goal a piece while Backstrom, Ribiero, and the others have been quiet. Is that them not playing well or us keeping them in check? I believe it's more us than them, had they just had their way with us and we couldn't contain anyone I would agree with the idea that we are being heavily out played. We're not.
I think our defense has been very overrated, and has been less than stellar up to this point. Guys lose their man when the Caps are transitioning up the ice far too often. We allow the Caps to make cross-crease passes way too easily and Hank has to go post to post 10X per game.

Next, I can't stand the collapsing defensive system. No pressure, not at ES or PK. We let the Caps do whatever they want up high and tee up perfect shots to each other. Remember that PK in game 2 where Backstrom and Green were passing the puck nonchalantly back and forth to each other in the high slot because they knew that the Rangers were sitting back and not pressuring them? If that continues again, be prepared for another shooting gallery by the Capitals today while the Rangers spend 45 second shifts in their end zone.