View Single Post
Old
05-06-2013, 12:51 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
One thing we do is make the mistake of guys who have won Cups. This franchise is better off with someone hungry to win their first.
Torts doesn't strike me as a guy that lacks the hunger to win another one though.

I tend to lean into the pro-torts camp. All the guys that have washed out like Lisin, Zherdev, etc. that fans cry "didn't get a fair shake" never really went and did much else after the fact.

We saw just a few years ago the Bruins win with very similar handicaps. Had a hard time scoring and had an awful powerplay. It can drive a fan INSANE when they're struggling, but I think saying we're "close" is an understatement.

Torts is far from perfect. I defend and like the system he runs in theory but at some point you've got to get rid of the coach and try something else if it doesn't work. Considering the fact that we've had Gaborik, we've had Nash, Richards, etc. and it's still been an offensive struggle, it's probably time at the end of the season if we don't go deep into the playoffs again.

This season makes the least sense of all. Stepan has a breakout year. Nash and Cally do great. Hagelin puts up decent point totals. Brassard comes in and scores a point per game down the stretch. We have a legitimate top 6 AND a good bottom 6. Our defense has guys capable of contributing on offense. Yet we can only net one goal in two games against Brandon Holtby and the Caps defense. Terrible.