View Single Post
05-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Sather retooled the bottom-6 at the deadline.

It's a LOT better now. The Rangers have three legitimate top-nine units and a solid fourth line. Before, they had two capable top-nine units, a weak third line and an AHL-caliber fourth line. He also managed to shore up the bottom pair with the acquisition of Moore.

I, myself, like the roster that's currently constructed, to an extent. I'd like to see Richards replaced with a more capable, faster second line center (I like Brassard, but I like him even more in a sheltered third line role), but otherwise, I'm rather fine with going into next season with this roster.

Tortorella, however, I'd like to see replaced if the Rangers are eliminated early, of course. The roster needs to be given a chance with a different coach. This isn't 08-09 where Renney objectively wasn't the problem, the roster was. This team has defensive depth, a good combination of skill and two-way ability in the top-nine, and, of course, an elite goaltender.

I'd like to see a first time HC, not one of the 'old-guard' or a retread, like Lindy Ruff. Maybe get a guy like Horacek, Eakins, or even Guy Boucher.
So you've given Tortorella 14 games with the roster you now deem satisfactory. That doesnt seem a little impatient to you?