View Single Post
Old
05-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
So you've given Tortorella 14 games with the roster you now deem satisfactory. That doesnt seem a little impatient to you?
If we go out in four or five playoff games? No. If we get to the second round or farther? Would not be 100% against Tortorella staying on with an incredibly short leash based on how the team starts off the regular season.

I don't think that the team is going to go anywhere with the style that Tortorella employs. Not even the meme of "dump and chase". I hate the collapsing defensive zone strategy that doesn't pressure the opposing team at all, the PP has been an abomination, and there is hardly even a forecheck anymore.

Scoring has been a problem in the playoffs each time Tortorella has been at the helm, with several differently constructed rosters. None of them could score.

I've wanted Tortorella gone for awhile now. I'm hoping it happens in the offseason, barring a cup win, but I expect it to happen in the middle of next season, and I expect this team to perform a lot better if given a capable coach.

This isn't to say I don't want Sather gone — I do. I want to see some fresh blood in the organization. That being said, I don't think the roster that Sather constructed should be struggling to score this badly. Much easier to try a new coach than changing the roster dramatically again.