View Single Post
Old
05-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
The point missing in this is that Ruff selected the wrong players, shortened the bench, and hurt the teams winning chances against a vastly inferior club and LOST the game.

We're not talking about sound responsible coaching leading to a win here. We're talking about a cluster**** loss.
Maybe. Hall being scratched today won't go over well.

I am not saying Ruff is a genius. I am fine with a coach putting out guys that he thinks will win a game and sending a message to a rookie. We all won't agree with it either way, hence a debate forum.

Maybe there is more to this than we know. Maybe there is an undisclosed injury that made Hall a scratch today. Maybe it is a message.

I think if we are all being honest, it would not have hurt Hall to watch a game or two from above here in Edmonton the last few years. Seguin experienced this and he is doing fine. Hall is the kind of guy that will get mad and use it as motivation.

I agree it would be great to see him playing and learning that way. Tippett and Ruff see something they want fixed in a short tourney that does not always afford the luxury of development, even with a great talent like Hall.

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote