View Single Post
Old
05-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
You wouldn't trade Gervias for a 2nd? Remember the percentage stagnates depending on the strength of the draft. In a weaker draft it might be 13 but a strong draft could bring it up to 25-30. And for a 7th defender that's easily worth it. Also you don't need to use these picks to pick up players. You can package them to move up in the draft.
Yeh, ofc I'd trade Gervais for a 2nd... just saying that the percentages of those picks being NHL players were not as good as the players in the trade... it was more about Read and Talbot being worth arguably a few 2nds each. Gervais is frankly worth not much, just a 7th Dman on the decline... I'd take a chance on getting a better player with the pick, even if stats say there is a small chance, that chance is worth more than Gervais!

I think a good way of getting more potential talent for cheap with our weak prospect pool is playing percentages in the 3rd round onwards and trading an early 3rd for multiple late 3rds, or late 3rds and early 4ths if anyone who has those picks would bite.