View Single Post
Old
05-06-2013, 03:04 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plymmy11 View Post
I would have preferred Cameron Lizotte to Saban and definitely agree with Bruce over Mayo. Saban looked like he wanted to jump quite a bit this weekend but I believe that was a result of the talent level around him. I don't think that is going to translate into him taking a bunch of risky opportunities this year, I hope he can settle down and find his way.

Even beyond the Saban pick, it would have been nice if they went a tad early and took a shot on Adam Craievich over Mayo. That kid would skate through a brick wall if you asked him to and would have added a dynamic that Erie desperately needs: physicality. He would have woken up guys like Betz, Wigle, and Donnay who posses the physical tools but lack the attitude or willingness to actually use their size to their advantage.

The Otters are just defined to a relatively small area of comfort that they prefer to draft from and it's hurting them in the long run. With the McGuire trade this year, that equated to a completely failed draft year where they currently have nothing to show for it. Perhaps a fundamental change in strategy or a personnel arrangement would assist them in the long run.
I like Craevich too, defensive need played a part in that second round pick, especially after going with Strome. Lizzotte, Wilkie or even Colton White with that early second round pick, in my eyes would have been wise. Saban is big, but is he tough and not going to back down from the push back? Not sure. Lizzotte and Wilkie will push back. White has incredible feet. Anyway, time will tell. Saban has a bomb of a shot, good skater and a hard first pass. I did a mock draft and put Craievich to Erie in the second round. So im with u on that idea as well. Craivech in the slot with Mcdavid on the PP sounds like a very, very good idea. Craevich has one of the best shots from this years draft. He is an accurate, one shot scorer.