Old
05-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
But not franchise player.

He's had worse career production than Gaborik and we got really no where with him as our main scorer. Nash isn't a puck possession phenom, nor spectacular specials teams player, so I don't consider him a franchise player at all. Maybe in Columbus.
How many other players on the team are there? How many of them performed up to last years standard? If the answer is two, you are correct. It's a team game, Nash has played like a first liner along with Stepan the rest of our team? Yeah not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitty22 View Post
I love this topic.

When I bring up my annoyance with Nash in GDTs people get on my case and say HE HAS 40+ POINTS.

Yes, I am aware of that. But I am also seeing him make the same exact moves over and over again which are not fooling anyone anymore, not hustle to get the puck, and not really even making the big hits he could be making with his size.

I'm not saying he has to carry the team - but he should be a bit more relevant. Or, he can just be overrated and we can be blinded by the hype. I don't know anymore. I'm just disappointed.
I don't think anyone is blinded by the hype, except for those dogging him constantly. He's performed as well or better than anyone who was an advocate for the trade expected him to this summer.

I find it really funny that you can't like Nash without being a "fan boy".